SAP S/4HANA for the mechanical & plant engineering and manufacturing industry
Known for the rapidly changing business environment and increasing complexity of production under the strictest guidelines, manufacturing companies have several challenges to overcome. Therefore, a flexible ERP that guarantees your company fast and clear data processing as well as process execution is essential and lays the foundation for being successful in a constantly evolving market.
Constantly up-to-date material stocks
In order to be able to produce with maximum efficiency all the time without delay, the material stock must always be sufficient. This requires a data flow where data is collected quickly and, ideally, in real time and, if necessary, combined.
To prevent machine failures or entire production stops, machines must be optimally maintained. For this purpose, predictions must be made using AI and the respective reporting must be automated.
Mastering spatial separation
In mechanical and plant engineering, the spatial separation of the departments is often very large. Production and work is carried out at different locations in Germany, Europe or worldwide. Data processing and reporting in real time are essential to maintain and expand competitiveness.
TO YOUR CUSTOMIZED ERP SYSTEM
Initial consultation and S/4HANA workshop
- Get answers to the following questions: Why SAP as an ERP system? What benefits can SAP S/4HANA offer my company in particular? What is the scope of the implementation? What does my company have to prepare – what will abilis take over?
- The workshop serves to analyze your business processes in order to determine what we need to alter in the industry solution so that it is tailored specifically to your company.
Data cleansing, migration and system deployment
- In this phase, our SAP Basis experts get started and take care of everything that runs in the background, so that you can use your S/4HANA system flawlessly with high performance and the full range of functions.
- Provisioning of the systems and setup of the SAP HANA database or additional DBs, such as Sybase.
- Data cleansing to avoid errors and redundancies in the new system. Because only good data creates smoothly running business processes.
Fit-Gap-Analysis for a customized ERP system
- Of course, since every company has a different structure as well as different processes, the industry solution needs to be refined and customized according to your specific company.
- In order to do this, we perform a fit-gap analysis to identify in detail what changes we need to make to the system. In addition to individual customizing in the system, we add SAP Add-Ons to optimize processes that fit your workflows and circumstances. Furthermore, we integrate other SAP applications, such as SAP Ariba, if required.
- At the end of this phase, you receive the standardized industry solution, but tailored specifically to your company.
Implementation of the industry solution abilis4logistics
- Now the standardized industry solution is imported onto your S/4HANA system.
- You can find out which processes and additional functions it contains further down on the website. In addition to the SAP standard processes, abilis provides you with process applications with the industry solution, which give you great advantages in competition.
End-user trainings and support
- To help your employees get familiar with the new system more quickly, we naturally provide in-depth training. From key users to end users who do not need the system that often.
- The system functionality as well as the business processes are tested extensively and optimized if necessary.
- We will also be happy to provide you with support after the migration.
THE INDUSTRY SOLUTION ABILIS4PRODUCTION IN DETAIL
An ERP digitally maps real business processes, optimizes them and provides a good overview of all resources in a company. It is important to know that all company processes are interdependent. This means that all information must be well maintained at all times so that the processes can function across the board. Some functionalities can therefore be found in several processes.
- Mapping of procurement processes for materials and services
- Listing of supplier selection
- Planning, recording and verifying goods movements within a company
- Order process monitoring
- Mapping and maintenance of material stocks according to quantities and values
- Inventory support (can be sufficiently mapped in SAP MM, especially for smaller companies)
Sales & Distribution
- Processes from customer contact to the preparation of quotations and the sale of goods
- Foreign trade processes and customs clearance
- Credit management
- Transport and shipping management
- Maintenance of condition types and records
- Order management
- Close interconnection with other modules so that goods movements are recorded and material stocks are always kept up to date
- Monitoring of payment orders as well as returns and customer complaints
- Mapping of the warehouse in the SAP system: inventory management with the exact location of a good as well as the management of the warehouse
- Goods receipts and issues, transfers or even newly received goods
- Good for complex medium and large warehouse systems
- Continuous inventory (can also be automated by an SAP Add-On by abilis) and general warehouse controlling
- Mapping of production processes
- Finding the required production types
- Planning current and future demands and required production quantities
- Planning of work schedules
- Planning the production of different goods
- Controlling and monitoring production
- Resource controlling as well as cost analysis of company-wide productions
- Planning of material and capacity requirements
- Monitoring of requirements as well as current and predicted key figures in the operative business
- Individual adjustments of production types and processes
Finances & Controlling
- General ledger and sub ledger accounting
- Business partner management (accounts receivable and accounts payable)
- Document entry (required accounts)
- Complete balance sheet and individual document verification
- Profit and loss statement: e.g. profit determination for the tax office, but also for
- internal calculations
- Internal evaluations
- Cost analysis and control
- Maintenance of cost types and cost rates
- Product cost accounting
- HR management for the entire workforce
- SAP Payroll Services: individual wage and salary accounting
- Submitting and releasing vacation requests
- Authorization management
- Employee and Manager Self-Service: employees and managers manage their own data with the
- SAP Fiori user interface
- Travel expense reports, time management and working time release
SAP has significantly reduced the size of the business suite core by no longer mapping some processes, or by changing or combining them. We have extended the digital core of the SAP system with some of our in-house developments in order to meet the requirements of your industry.
Upon request and after joint determination of your individual needs, we will of course be happy to integrate further SAP Add-Ons by abilis. You can find further add-on solutions in our SAP AddOnStore.
Optimize your logistics with mobile solutions from our partner Mobisys. Record warehouse movements regardless of location using mobile scanner solutions and accelerate your processes.
Calculate complex products down to the smallest material part and send out quotations with the latest bill of material prices to customers according to your needs? This is possible with the CPQ solution calcIT.
Reduce the manual maintenance effort and save time for the annual inventory. Map your inventory in the system and automatically create lists according to your needs and specifications.
Certified S/4HANA industry solution abilis4production
– We are your certified partner –
With our abilis approach, we have developed the SAP S/4HANA industry solution abilis4production to enable our customers to implement S/4HANA more quickly and to provide them with a customized SAP system tailored to their needs:
- We provide our customers with preconfigured business processes that act as “project accelerators” for simple, fast and even more efficient implementations
We continuously develop proven business scenarios from previous projects
- We integrate our abilis SAP Add-Ons into the SAP landscape to make implementations more efficient and to optimize and automate customer processes
abilis Data Center
Hosted in our in-house mirrored ISO 27001 certified data center, your SAP systems are highly available and secure at all times.
SAP on Azure
As a Microsoft Gold Partner and Azure expert, we can host your SAP environment in the Azure cloud according to your needs.
Independent optimizations of the individual companies in their own ERP systems prevented transparency across the group and thus made control more difficult.
Many Isolated Solutions
The data was stored in seven independent ERP installations with numerous subsystems on various databases. As a result, data maintenance was redundant and error-prone.
Independent data storage and interfaces caused complicated workflows and considerable coordination effort.
FFor the implementation of SAP S/4HANA, we chose abilis as a partner on an equal footing. Experience in the midmarket was particularly important to us. The successful go-live in one year confirms that we made the right decision.”/i>
Axel Braun, Project Manager S/4HANA-Implementation, Zeltwanger Holding GmbH